Experienced. Trustworthy. Courageous.
In addition to her legal duties, Carrie’s passion for advocacy reaches deep into our community. In 2009, she was a founding member of the non-profit Columbia Gorge Children’s Advocacy Center (CGCAC), which has provided forensic interviews and medical assessments for over 750 children over the last decade.
Prior to her 15-year tenure in Hood River County, Carrie has worked in district attorney offices in Coos, Linn and Marion counties and as a city prosecutor in St. Helens where she has handled thousands of cases dealing with child abuse and child sexual abuse, serious drug crimes, domestic violence and restraining orders, homicides and other felony convictions.
Her extensive experience has provided opportunities for her to serve on the Juvenile Law Section Executive Committee with the Oregon State Bar for four years including one as Chair of the committee, on the Child Welfare Advisory Committee for nine years, and on the Children’s Justice Act Task Force for a decade and as Chair from 2011-2018.
A sixth generation Oregonian, Carrie’s family settled in Lincoln County in the 1800s to build roads, develop communities and start small law practices to support their family. Later, she spent her childhood in Eugene and after some time on the East Coast, moved back to Oregon to attend Portland State University and University of Oregon Law School.
When Carrie is not working, she and her husband enjoy being half-time caretakers of their grandson.
- Deputy District Attorney, Hood River County District Attorney
- Oregon State Bar Criminal Law Executive Committee, Board Secretary
- Oregon State Bar Criminal Law Executive Committee Member
- Hood River Multidisciplinary Team, Chair
- Columbia Gorge Children’s Advocacy Center, Vice Chair
- City Prosecutor, City of St. Helens, 2004–2005
- Deputy District Attorney, Marion County, 2002-2004
- Deputy District Attorney, Linn County, 2001-2002
- Deputy District Attorney, Coos County, 2000-2001
- CASA Lane County, 1998-1999
- Chair, Columbia Gorge Children’s Advocacy Center (CGCAC), 2009–2018
- Member, Children’s Justice Act Task Force, 2009 to 2011
- Statewide Chair, Children’s Justice Act Task Force, 2011-2018
- Member, Oregon State Bar Juvenile Law Executive Committee, 2010-2014
- Chair 2014, Oregon State Bar Juvenile Law Executive Committee, Member 2010-2014
- Department of Human Services Sensitive Review Committee, 2011
- Oregon District Attorneys Association Legislative Committee, 2003 and 2007